Create a user account on macOS that will be a template for every other user who logs into that computer. Generally I call it “template”. Make it an administrator account.
- Install and configure all applications as desired. It is important to run each program under the user profile. This will skip many of the initial setup prompts and first-run configuration menus.
- While logged in as the default profile account, empty the trash, clean history, delete application caches. Delete the “Login” keychain.
- Enable the built-in root user account, from Directory Utility console.
- Login as the root user
- Show all files in the finder, Open Terminal and type the following:
Sudo defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
- Also from the terminal, make a backup copy of the existing default user profile
cp -R /System/Library/User\ Template/English.lproj/ /System/Library/User\ Template/English.orig
- Remove the current contents of the default user profile
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/User\ Template/English.lproj/*
- Copy template profile to the default user profile
sudo cp -R /Users/profile/ /System/Library/User\ Template/English.lproj/
- Reboot, Login as Support account and remove the “template” (default) Profile from System Preferences > Users & Groups
- Disable to Root user from Directory Utility